[Openchemistry-developers] GSoC introductions

Tanuj Kumar kmrtnjscnc at gmail.com
Sun May 7 13:06:43 EDT 2017

Hi everyone
My name is Tanuj Kumar, and I'm currently studying Chemistry and Electrical
& Electronics Engineering at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science,
Pilani, India. I'm finishing my 2nd year of study here.

My project <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5621295143190528>
is to implement Biological Data Visualization in Avogadro2, like it was in
Avogadro1, but with optimizations to have better scalability. Some of the
things that I'll be doing are: building and displaying molecules from
residues, PDB read and write capability, and rendering modes and labels for
residues. Through the project, I aim to contribute substantially to the
features of Avogadro2 available to Biochemists.

I thank the Open Chemistry community for giving me this opportunity to
learn through the summer. I look forward to discussing the project at
length with the community and writing some awesome code.

I can be reached on GitHub at foowhiz <https://github.com/foowhiz>.

Cheers!
~Tanuj