[Openchemistry-developers] Regarding GSoC 2017

Kunal Sharma ks05111996 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 08:32:24 EST 2017

Greetings,
I am Kunal Sharma, a undergrad student from BITS Pilani, India. I am
pursuing an integrated course in MSc Chemistry along with a B.E. degree and
I am currently in my third year. I am really passionate about chemistry and
am currently pursuing 2 open ended projects in chemistry (Detection of
various properties of molecules using Machine learning and Computerised
detection of Se-H bonds).

I am also well versed with softwares like *Q-Chem, IQmol and Molden, *as I
have had the Computational Chemistry and Quantum Chemistry courses in my
previous semesters.

I am a second time GSoCer and I am very comfortable with *Python,
Javascript as well as Machine learning (Basic Classifiers, SVM, Nueral
Networks and to some aspects implementing them for Computer Vision) *. I
did my previous GSoC with Peragro where I build plugins for multimedia
management as well as an entire portal for developers where they could
share their media, review as well as see their dependencies and assets etc.

I found *cclib* to be very interesting and wanted to start by contributing
towards it. *Can you please guide me on how I should get started.* I have
already setup the project and tested the examples provided.

Regards,
Kunal Sharma