[Openchemistry-developers] Computational Chemistry Web Repository discussion

Adam Tenderholt atenderholt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 09:39:14 EDT 2017

Hi Nitish,

What version does apt-get install? My guess that an older version before
the cclib.io module was created. I did notice that cclib 1.5 is in pip (
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cclib/1.5.post1), although it didn't actually
work for me in a virtual env.

So I think you have three options right now:

1) Figure out how to package up the current version of cclib into a deb,
and use COPY to put it onto your Docker image for install via dpkg -i (?).
I'm sure the deb maintainers would also appreciate an update to cclib.

2) Install cclib into your source tree and use COPY to put it into your
docker image.

3) Use the older version from apt-get, but then do something like:

try
  from cclib.io import ccopen
except:
  from cclib.parser import ccopen