[Openchemistry-developers] GSoC '16 Proposal

Anish Pednekar pednekar.anish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:53:07 EDT 2016

Hi, I am Anish Pednekar, a second year student studying Information
Technology at Goa College of Engineering, India. I'd like to contribute to
openchemistry through Google Summer of Code. I have gone through the GSoC
ideas page and the project - GPU and Multi-Core Enabled High Performance
Force Field Calculations interested me.

I have worked with Cuda and OpenCL before and have successfully completed
courses on Udacity and Coursera. I served as a community TA for the
Heterogenous Parallel Programming course on Coursera. I am also familiar
with Git.

I am not familiar with the chemistry, but I intend to learn the basics
before the coding period starts. I have downloaded and compiled the source
code for openbabel on my pc and currently going through and familiarizing
myself with the code.

Could you please guide me with this project? What is the expected scope of
this project?