[Openchemistry-developers] Avogadro App development and Contribution to OpenChemistry

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 22:52:16 EDT 2016

Sorry for the delayed reply - it has been the end of the semester here.

I still think a very useful feature to port would be the property views. The first place to start would be to copy the molecule properties extension:
avogadrolibs/avogadro/qtplugins/molecularproperties/

- Create an atomproperties/ directory
- Rename the molecular properties classes.. Then, in the molecularproperties.cpp code, rather than showing the dialog, use qDebug() to write out information on all of the atoms.

Once you can do that, we can port the table model from Avogadro v1:
https://github.com/cryos/avogadro/blob/master/libavogadro/src/extensions/propmodel.cpp

There are a bunch of other possibilities. You might want to look at the roadmap and see if something looks particularly interesting to you:
http://wiki.openchemistry.org/Avogadro_Roadmap

Best regards,
-Geoff