[Nirfast] Error using matlabpool

Hamid Dehghani h.dehghani at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:01:42 EST 2016

As the error states, it is an issue with matlab back compatibility.
You can either fix this yourself, by manually updating the command of
matlabpool.
Alternatively, you can replace parellel_init.m with the following function

function result = parallel_init()

% parallel_init()
%
% Initializes the parallel workers if the toolbox is available
%
% result is 1 if succesful, 0 otherwise

if (exist('matlabpool')) % Start labs if necessary.
     sz = matlabpool('size');
     if (sz ==0)
         matlabpool('open');
     end
     % Check we got some now.
     sz = matlabpool('size');
     if (sz ==0)
         error('Failed to open parallel workers');
         result = 0;
     else
         fprintf('Running on %d workers\n', sz);
         result = 1;