[Nirfast] Change Optical Properties

Scott C. Davis Scott.C.Davis at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jun 28 08:51:53 EDT 2016

Hi Vince,
I have seen this before and there is an easy fix.  Some of the GUI programs have dummy/blank rectangular panels just to keep things looking organized.  The input fields should lay on top of these panels, so you have a border around the fields.  For whatever reason, in later versions of matlab on Mac OS, the panel is shown on top of the input fields, blocking them from view.  The fix is to type “guide” at the matlab command prompt and then open the matlab figure file (NIRFAST/gui/gui_set_values.fig in this case) in GUIDE.  Once in edit mode, you can select the panel and right click and select “Send to back” (much like in powerpoint) and should then see all of the fields.  Save your edited file and you should be set.

I thought I had gone through and fixed all of these before we released the latest version of NIRFASTmatlab.  If you don’t have NIRFASTMatlab 9, you can try downloading it.  If you do have it and are still seeing this error, follow the steps above.

FYI, For command line work:
To see the regions of a mesh, type “plotimage(mesh,mesh.region)”, where “mesh” is your mesh workspace variable.
Then, to change an optical property for a given region (region 2 in the case), type “mesh.mua(mesh.region==2) = yourvalue”.

I hope this helps!
Scott