[Na-mic-project-week] Reminder: Next Project Week 40 preparation meeting tomorrow - Tuesday Dec 19th

Sam Horvath sam.horvath at kitware.com
Mon Dec 18 22:53:48 UTC 2023

Dear Project Week community,

Please join us tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec 19th) for our next Project Week  40
preparation meeting.  We will continue discussion of possible breakouts and
projects.  You can join using the following link which will remain the same
for all preparation meetings:

https://NTNU.zoom.us/j/92717925334?pwd=bGh0ajhzMzh0S1lJaDdTQ0dHaGV5dz09
<https://ntnu.zoom.us/j/92717925334?pwd=bGh0ajhzMzh0S1lJaDdTQ0dHaGV5dz09>

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Best regards.

The PW organizing committee

(Tina Kapur, Simon Drouin, Rafael Palomar, Sam Horvath and Theodore
Aptekarev)

------------------------------

Project Week#40 will be held Jan 29- Feb 2, 2024 in Las Palmas, Gran
Canaria, Spain. Please look here for additional details:
https://projectweek.na-mic.org/PW40_2024_GranCanaria/

Preparation: To prepare, we will be holding weekly meetings at 10am EST on
Tuesdays, starting Nov 21th, 2023 and ending on January 23.  Please
join at this
link
<https://ntnu.zoom.us/j/92717925334?pwd=bGh0ajhzMzh0S1lJaDdTQ0dHaGV5dz09>
if you have a project that you would like to present or work on during
project week.

Background: The Project Week is a week-long hackathon of hands on activity
in which medical image computing researchers create solutions using the
open source image computing platform, 3D Slicer, and VTK, ITK, CMake, and
CDash libraries as well as OHIF, Cornerstone, dcmjs, vtkjs, itkjs,
DICOMweb, Girder and related web technologies. Participants work
collaboratively on solutions that lie at the interfaces of the fields of
computer science, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, and
medicine. In contrast to conferences and workshops where the primary focus
is to report results, the objective of the ProjectWeek is to provide a
venue for creators of medical image computing open-source software creators
to collaboratively work.