[Na-mic-project-week] Project Week 37 starting tomorrow!

Drouin, Simon Simon.Drouin at etsmtl.ca
Sun Jun 26 13:56:24 UTC 2022

Dear Project Week Community,

Project Week is starting tomorrow and we are very excited about the program of this 37th edition.

This time, we have designed the schedule to accommodate more time zones. We have shifted the main breakout sessions to 9:00 EST (UTC-4) and added work in project teams before the main session everyday (we know, you people in the African and European time zones didn’t wait for us to advance your projects during these time slots ;-), but let’s make it official ).

As always, we will start the week with project presentations on Monday at 9:00 EST (UTC-4). Every project team should delegate one of their members to present the project in no more than 2 minutes. We will share a screen with the project page, so if your project presentation needs visual support, please add images to it. We won’t have time to share individual presenter’s screen.

Throughout the week, we will have three exciting breakout sessions:

  *   Tuesday: The usual “what’s new in Slicer” session followed by a discussion on the future of rendering in VTK and Slicer as well as new stuff cooking in VTK.js and ITK.js with folks from Kitware. We will finish with a Slicer Q&A session based on frequent questions posted on Discourse.
  *   Wednesday: Image Guided Therapy using Slicer, including a demo of the NousNav navigation system based on Slicer.
  *   Thursday: Tutorials on the Imaging Data Commons (IDC) and MONAI Label

Please check out the breakout session items in the calendar on the PW page for more details about each of the sessions.

We hope to gather as many people as possible for the social hour every day at 8 EST (UTC-4), so we can meet more informally and feel a little like it is an in-person PW.

We will be using the same communication tools as last time: Zoom<https://etsmtl.zoom.us/j/86211702920?pwd=TEl0ZTFDam90WVN5bjZhR05kNVRVZz09> for project presentation, breakout sessions and results presentation at the end of the week, and Discord for the social hour and work in project teams. Theodore is managing the Discord server in case you are having any problem. See this page<https://projectweek.na-mic.org/common/Discord.html> for more details on how to use Discord during PW.

If you have not registered already, please do so using this link<https://forms.gle/AyPNhqVeXVD3xR2q9>. If you haven’t completed your project page, please do so before the project presentation session tomorrow.

Looking forward to see you all tomorrow! This is going to be a very exciting Project Week!

Cheers!

The organizing committee: Simon Drouin, Tina Kapur, Rafael Palomar, Theodore Aptekarev