[Midas] Installing Midas3.2.8 on CentOS 6.5

Brian E Chapman Brian.Chapman at utah.edu
Wed Jul 16 18:33:08 EDT 2014

I had to disable selinux. Then things worked fine.

Brian

From: Brian Chapman <brian.chapman at utah.edu<mailto:brian.chapman at utah.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM
To: "midas at public.kitware.com<mailto:midas at public.kitware.com>" <midas at public.kitware.com<mailto:midas at public.kitware.com>>
Subject: [Midas] Installing Midas3.2.8 on CentOS 6.5

Hello,

I’m trying to install Midas on CentOS 6.5. I followed the install  instructions on the midas wiki. I have Midas installed at /opt/Midas3 and all files in the Midas3 directory structure are owned by apache. When I point my web browser to localhost/midas/install, I get the error message: ’To use midas Platform, the folder "/opt/Midas3/core/configs” must be writable by your web server.’ Any ideas as to what the problem is here, since the files are clearly owned by apache? Could there be an issue with symlinks/redirects/etc. in the httpd.conf file?

Brian
—
Brian E. Chapman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor