[Midas] duplicate filename items?

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Mon Oct 22 10:24:16 EDT 2012

Hi Mona,

Can you describe how you are getting to this and what the exact problem
would be with how your users would interact with Midas when they encounter
this situation?

I just tested with a Midas 3.2.8 instance.  I could upload a file into a
folder where an item "item1.txt" already existed with that name, using the
Midas web UI uploader, and the new item was created as "item1.txt (1)".  I
also tried this with the latest version of Pydas (0.2.24), and again the
item name had a numeric suffix, "item1.txt (2)".  Once I had these items in
the folder, I was able to change their names using the edit action on the
Item so that all of the item names were the same.

Thanks,
Mike

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Mona Wong <mona at sdsc.edu> wrote:

> Just wanted to check and see if there are any update on when the bug will
> be fixed?
>
> This is an important issue for us because many people will be saving to
> the same filename and we need to have the (#) appended properly.
>
> thanks,
> Mona
>

> On Sep 26, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Patrick Reynolds wrote:
>
> We actually do allow this currently, but there should be the (1), (2),
> (3), etc appended as in row 4… That's definitely a bug. Thanks for finding
> it!
>
> Do you remember the steps to reproduce this?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Reynolds
> Technical Leader
> Kitware, Inc.
> 919 869 8848
>
> On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Mona Wong wrote:
>

> It seems it is possible to have 2 items with the same filename:
>
> <Screen shot 2012-09-26 at 5.40.03 PM.png>
>
> Er...is this a bug?
>
> Mona

>     Mona Wong
>     Web & iPad Application Developer