[Midas] file upload plugin

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Wed Nov 21 12:51:16 EST 2012

Hi Mona,

Whenever a file is uploaded, this callback line is fired in the
UploadComponent:

Zend_Registry::get('notifier')->callback('CALLBACK_CORE_UPLOAD_FILE',
array($item->toArray(), $itemRevisionDao->toArray()));

So if you register for this callback in your plugin, you can inspect the
item and itemrevision in your callback method.

I can't remember if you have implemented callbacks before in your module,
here is some documentation to get you started:

http://www.kitware.com/midaswiki/index.php/Documentation/Latest/Developer/Modules#Callback_framework

I see that according to the docs, callbacks should pass their params as a
keyed array, in this case the callback is just sending a list.  I've opened
a bug for this.

http://public.kitware.com/MidasBT/view.php?id=886

Thanks,
Mike

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Mona Wong <mona at sdsc.edu> wrote:

> Hi:
>
>         I need to create a plugin that will be fired when a user uploads a
> file of a certain type.  What's a good place for me to look to get started?
>
>         I looked at
> http://www.kitware.com/midaswiki/index.php/Documentation/3.2.8/Developerbut didn't  see anything that jumped out at me on how to do this...did I
> miss it?  Is there another place to look or a module that does something
> similar which I can model after?
>
> thanks,
> Mona

>     Mona Wong