[Midas] Midas and Data Licenses

Chapman, Brian brchapman at ucsd.edu
Thu May 17 13:46:17 EDT 2012

Hello Everybody,

I have a couple of questions regarding licenses in Midas.

  *   When I upload a data set through the browser, I need to select a license for each data upload that I perform. Is there a similar way to specify the license/a license when uploading through a client such as pydas?
  *   If not, how can I retrospectively go back and assign a license to a data set? I see that on an individual item the View action brings up the License information that can then be edited, but can this be done for an entire collection or directory structure. If I've uploaded a DICOM directory of hundreds of files, I don't want to be editing them on an individual basis.
  *   Is there a way to have the license associated with a directory? If it is can I view it? It would be nice, in general, to have the license more prominently displayed when a user is browsing the repository

Brian