[Midas] (no subject)

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Wed Jun 20 18:55:32 EDT 2012

Hi Mona,

It is probably best to create a module by starting a bit simpler than the
Helloworld example, as that includes some models which can be confusing,
and also the models are called Hello, so you end up with lines like

Helloworld_HelloModelBase extends Helloworld_AppModel

which is even more confusing to me and would probably be troublesome for
global search and replaces.

I have whipped up a very simple example module that I'm attaching here.  If
you gunzip and untar it in your modules directory, you can add it to your
Midas instance.  The module doesn't do much, but you can turn it on from
the Administrative menu and then go to

http://localhost/midas3/example/index

(assuming you are working on your localhost) and see a message.

This way you have a bit clearer of a starting point for your own module.
 If you want to add in a web api, you can see the dicomextractor module as
an example, which is a module that doesn't include any models.  If you want
to see some example models, try looking at the communityagreement module,
which has a simple model.

I hope this gets you on your way.

-Mike