[Midas] metadata

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Fri Jul 13 10:04:50 EDT 2012

Hi Mona,

I can't reproduce this behavior.

I'm working on the 3.2.6 tagged branch and did the following:

Created an Item, uploaded a file to the Item so that the Item had one
ItemRevision.

Made this API call:

<myserver>/midas3/api/json?method=midas.item.setmetadata&useSession&itemId=1692&element=teste&value=rev1

And then the Item's ItemRevision 1 had metadata of (teste, '', rev1).

Then I uploaded a new revision to the Item, so that the Item now had 2
ItemRevisions.  Then I made this API call:

<myserver>/midas3/api/json?method=midas.item.setmetadata&useSession&itemId=1692&element=teste&value=rev2

After that, I had metadata associated with ItemRevisions as follows, which
appears correct to me:

(ItemRevision 1, teste, '', rev1)
(ItemRevision 2, teste, '', rev2)

Can you try this sequence and see what you get?  Also you could retry your
sequence of operations and then send me the exact sequence.

Thanks,
Mike

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Mona Wong <mona at sdsc.edu> wrote:

>         Continuing with my previous email of the same subject...
>
>         Next, I used midas.item.setmetada on the same itemid and the
> metadata I set for the second revision got attached to the first revision
> and the second revision showed no metadata!
>
> Mona

>     Mona Wong
>     Web & iPad Application Developer
>     San Diego Supercomputer Center