[Midas] Feature Request for Moving files within Repository

Zach Mullen zach.mullen at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 13:20:24 EDT 2012

Sorry for the late reply -- I have opened a feature request on our bug
tracker for this issue.  I seem to recall that someone on the team had been
working on a feature like this at some point, but I am unsure of the status
at this point.   http://public.kitware.com/MidasBT/view.php?id=754

We have another interface that might make the process just a little easier;
if you are moving stuff within a community, you can go to the "Manage"
action in the community, and then go to the "Files" tab.  You should be
able to drag and drop items and folders in this view, but it still only
works one at a time sadly.

If the number of items you need to move is just too large for that option
to be helpful, you can do a workaround using the selected actions: use
"Duplicate all selected" to duplicate the items into the desired location,
then "Delete all selected" on the items in the old location.  Instead of a
move, it is basically like a copy and then delete the ones in the old
location.  This won't actually require double the space on disk, since only
the item metadata is copied.

Thanks,

Zach