[Midas] how to debug

Patrick Reynolds patrick.reynolds at kitware.com
Fri Jul 6 09:12:36 EDT 2012

Mona,

There are a few options. I would suggest them in the following order:

1) If the xdebug module is enabled, you can attach to the remote
server and debug with breakpoints and whatnot. For more information
see http://xdebug.org/docs/remote.

2) Since the xdebug module probably isn't enabled you can always toss
some print_r's or var_dump's in key places to attempt to get variable
state manually, from within the browser.

3) If you're an administrator on the instance, you can also try
logging variable state and viewing the state from the admin console.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Patrick Reynolds
Technical Leader