[Midas] module plan

Mona Wong mona at sdsc.edu
Tue Jul 3 18:24:48 EDT 2012

Hi Midas:

	I'm hoping to get some advice on how I should proceed with the following:

	1. From my module, create a temporary directory somewhere, and launch a python script on the server to start some backend processing.  This python script will create a bunch of files (a JSON and bunch of PNG files) in the temporary directory.

	2. When the python script is done, signal Midas (maybe via a controller?) which then will need to gather information about the temporary generated files, launch my web app (Annio), and pass the gathered information to Annio.

	3.  Annio will retrieve the generated files as needed via a call back to the Midas server (maybe via web API).

	Is there documentation or module I can use or copy/edit to achieve the steps above?

thanks,
Mona

    Mona Wong
    Web & iPad Application Developer