[Midas] handling images via web api

Mona Wong mona at sdsc.edu
Mon Jul 2 18:41:25 EDT 2012

Hi:

	I need to retrieve a PNG image file from Midas to my javascript client app.  I'm not sure what's the best way to do this.

	Currently, I'm trying via the web API midas.get.download however since the data retrieved is binary, I think I need to do a Base64 encoding before being able to get the data from the request's responseText.  Can this be done via the web API or do I need to write my own method?

	Also, I see midas.bitstream.download, how is that different from midas.item.download?

thanks,
Mona

    Mona Wong
    Web & iPad Application Developer