[Midas] pydas question

Chapman, Brian brchapman at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 9 19:58:16 EDT 2012

Hello Patrick and other Midas Helpers,

I'm trying to figure out how to use pydas for uploading large number of files into our Midas repository at iDASH. Documentation seems a little sparse although I did find the singe page http://www.kitware.com/midaswiki/index.php/Documentation/3.2.0/Client/User/Other/Pydas

So just trying to use the pydas.login() function I get into trouble.  So looking at the docstring and the function call definition, I see that it takes arguemtns of url, email, password, and api_key. If none are provided it prompts me for the email, url and password. No matter what I do here, provide no arguments and respond to the prompts or provide the values in the function call I get the following RuntimeError: "maximum recursion depth exceeded in __instancecheck__"

The code is choking on the get)_default_api_key() call.

Does Midas need to have any special configuration for use of pydas? Just at a bit of a loss as to why this is failing.

Brian

Brian E. Chapman, PhD
Associate Professor
Division of Biomedical Informatics