[Midas] midas batchmake plugin error

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Fri May 20 15:59:04 EDT 2011

Hi J,

At this time, executing locally (without Condor) isn't fully supported on
Midas, so you should be using

$MIDAS_BATCHMAKE_USE_CONDOR = 1

in your config_batchmake.php or config.batchmake.local.php files.

Do you have your Condor grid setup?

Since these are just example applications, you don't need to have them
running to use Midas and BatchMake.  If you have the PixelCounter
application running this should give you an example for sending files into a
BatchMake application/script from within Midas.  These examples just give
you a basis for developing your own BatchMake scripts and applications.

As far as debugging, once you have the MIDAS_BATCHMAKE_USE_CONDOR option set
to 1, there should appear some condor outputs and logs in your BatchMake
temporary (batchmake-basedir temp) execution directory, which you can use to
see any problems.

One problem in this case, judging from your output of "Error: SetAppOption:
Cannot find parameter: GaussianBlur.", is probably that incorrect .bmm files
(or none at all) were packaged with Midas.  I'm attaching the appropriate
.bmm file for the ImageMath application.  Place this in the directory you
have defined for MIDAS_BATCHMAKE_APPLICATION_DIRECTORY, and change the path
in the .bmm file to the correct path to the ImageMath application.

I hope this helps.

--
Thanks,
Michael Grauer