[Midas] MIDAS installation - filter permission problems

Krueger (Chad D.) krueger at neurosurgery.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 14 15:50:41 EST 2010

Hello -
I am installing Midas on Ubuntu server 10.10 32bit version.  I seem to have got most of it installed, however I am having filter permission errors on the first web page when I load it.  I ran the commands that were listed on the Wiki

sudo chmod +x /var/www/Midas/midas/filters/linux/32/*
sudo apt-get install antiword  # for word counting

but these only got rid of half the errors.  These are the ones left, how do I get rid of them?

> Wrong filter permission for WordFrequency: Got error 127 when trying to run pdftotext -v.
> Wrong filter permission for ThumbnailCreator: Got error 127 when trying to run ffmpeg -version.
> Wrong filter permission for InfoVideo: Got error 127 when trying to run mplayer .

thanks,
Chad

Chad Krueger
Information Systems Manager