[KWWidgets] vtkKWProgressGauge marquee mode?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Feb 8 12:38:18 EST 2010

At 2/8/2010 12:30 PM, David Doria wrote:

>Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll stop learning KWWidgets
>then even before I start!
>Too bad it's dying, I kinda liked it so far :) seemed much more
>lightweight than Qt.

It's a C++ layer on top of Tcl/Tk, which is a rather old toolkit. It
was definitely helpful back in the days, when Tk was the
cross-platform GUI toolkit of choice (before Qt). Then Qt started to
mature, but its license prevented a lot of people in the Open
Source  community from using it. Now that it is out of the way, I
would indeed suggest you invest resources in Qt, it's in a different
league, has great documentation, books, lots and lots of developers,
CMake support, etc.