[Kwiver-users] Fwd: flectch make error -- cannot resolve host name

David Stoup david.stoup at kitware.com
Fri Nov 16 09:06:30 EST 2018

First, check that you can reach that URL via browser or wget, etc. Assuming
you can, it's likely a case of you missing openssl libraries which CMake
requires to pull https urls. If you install open-ssl things should work. If
you built CMake, you will need the headers for that package installed as
well, reconfigure and rebuild CMake. Let us know if you still have issues.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 6:13 AM renuka ghate <renukaghate at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed cmake 3.13 and then after following the steps :
>
> mkdir fletch
>
> cd fletch
>
> git clone https://github.com/kitware/fletch.git
>
> mkdir build
>
> cd build
>
> cmake -Dfletch_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES:bool=on ../fletch
>
> make
> I get the following error while executing make.
>
> error: downloading 'https://github.com/zeromq/cppzmq/archive/v4.2.3.zip'
> failed
>          status_code: 6
>          status_string: "Couldn't resolve host name"
>          log:
>          --- LOG BEGIN ---
>          Could not resolve host: github.com
>
> pls help