[Kwiver-users] Receiving error to run example descriptor.pipe - KWIVER

Ankit Parag Shah aps1 at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 7 08:22:15 EST 2018

Hi all,

In order to check installation of KWIVER software suite and understanding
its capabilities, I am trying to run the following example -
descriptor.pipe.

While running the example an exception is caught with the following message

Exception caught: The pipeline cannot be run: The process 'descriptor' of
type 'ApplyDescriptor' is a python process and that type of process is not
supported by this scheduler.

Further, I am trying to understand the purpose of the example
descriptor.pipe - if there is a reference to what the example is supposed
to perform would help clarify my current level of understanding of the
topic.

Kindly provide further information to understand the above error and how to
resolve the problem.
KWIVER is installed with python support.

Kind Regards,
Ankit Shah
Masters Student in Language Technologies
Carnegie Mellon University.