[Kwiver-users] Fwd: [Kwiver-announce] Best practices for passing inherited types through Sprokit Pipeline

Matthew Leotta matt.leotta at kitware.com
Wed Nov 15 14:10:45 EST 2017

I’d rather not tell sprokit to ignore type checking on some subset of types, but not others.  However, equivalently you could define all track_set types to be “track_set” regardless of the specific derived class.  Then each process would need to check at run time if the track_set it got can be down cast to the type it was expecting.  That approach is equivalent, but probably less of a hack.  It’s still not ideal.

—Matt