[Kwiver-users] Window view of Vital image

Matt Brown matt.brown at kitware.com
Mon Nov 13 11:39:05 EST 2017

I had this same question myself. Others can correct me or add to, but I
believe the idea is as follows... Arrows allow you to separate the
implementation of a particular algorithm from the top-level code that uses
it. Thus, you can have an OCV arrow that does image filtering or some other
library implementing the particular algorithm. However, for some simpler
process functionality, it isn't worth the overhead of defining a vital
algorithm and dispatching to an arrow. For example,
*ocv/image_viewer_process* just displays an image to the screen. Though
conceivably, a process could start life as a library-specific
implementation but then later be broken out into vital::algorithm and arrow
if there is a desire to use different libraries for that functionality.