[Kwiver-users] Starting with MapTK

OSMANOGLU, BATUHAN (GSFC-6180) batuhan.osmanoglu at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 11 17:19:15 EST 2016

Hi all,

I have an airborne dataset collected over forested areas. Looking into Surface/Structure From Motion algorithms I cam across MapTK and would like to give it a shot. We are interested in getting tree heights…

I couldn’t get access to the forge.mil, so I am working with the public version at the moment. Not sure if there are differences.

I couldn’t find a tutorial on MapTK (I guess Matt is working on it), but reading some of the emails on this list, I think I will have to do:

  *   Extract frames from the video (ffmpeg etc.)
  *   Use the config files under /tools/config as template

This is where it gets fuzzy ;)

  *   What is the order/sequence of the MapTK commands?
     *   maptk_track_features first etc..
  *   How do I enter the camera position (or plane position info?)
     *   What format does it need etc?
  *   Tools for displaying the point cloud?
     *   Or do we get a file that has to be opened with python displayed in Mayavi etc…

I appreciate any suggestions, assistance ;) Oh and currently I am on MacOS, though can switch to others if there is a preferred environment.

All the best,
batu.
--
Batuhan Osmanoglu, Ph.D.