[Kwiver-users] MapTK issues on Windows

Michael Rosen michael.rosen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:24:39 EDT 2015

Hello Kwiver-folk,

I'm building MapTK on Windows 7/64 using VStudio 12 and having two
immediate difficulties:  a compilation problem and a runtime assert.

MapTK is version 0.6.0, Eigen is 3.2.6

I've worked through getting Boost and Eigen built.  When I compile maptk,
the first problem is this:

   [ 98%] Building CXX object
tools/CMakeFiles/maptk_pos2krtd.dir/pos2krtd.cxx.obj

  pos2krtd.cxx

  C:\dev\maptk\tools\pos2krtd.cxx(220) : error C2719: 'base_camera': formal
parameter with __declspec(align('16')) won't

  be aligned

  C:\dev\maptk\tools\pos2krtd.cxx(238) : error C2719: 'base_camera': formal
parameter with __declspec(align('16')) won't

  …

I fixed these compilation errors by changing the signature of the offending
function from pass-by-value to pass-by-reference:

    /// Convert a POS file to a KRTD file

    bool convert_pos2krtd(const maptk::path_t& pos_filename,

                      const maptk::path_t& krtd_filename,

                      maptk::local_geo_cs& cs,

                      maptk::camera_d& base_camera, // msr.  was
pass-by-value

                      maptk::rotation_d const& ins_rot_offset =
maptk::rotation_d())

That allows everything to compile and link.  The next problem was that I
got an Eigen Assert when I run any of the executables:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MAPTK\bin>maptk_analyze_tracks.exe

Assertion failed: (reinterpret_cast<size_t>(array) & 0xf) == 0 && "this
assertion is explained here: " "http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/d

ox-devel/group__TopicUnalignedArrayAssert.html" " **** READ THIS WEB PAGE
!!! ****", file c:\program files (x86)\eigen\include\eigen

3\eigen\src/Core/DenseStorage.h, line 86

The web page says that classes which contain certain Eigen data structures
as members need to use the

     EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW macro to override the "new" operator
so that those members will be 16-byte aligned. I've done that but am still
seeing the assert.

Can anyone offer insight into any of this?

msr