[Kwiver-users] problems about maptk

Matthew Leotta matt.leotta at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 09:38:08 EDT 2015

Thanks for your interest in MAP-Tk.  In the future, please join the kwiver-users mailing list (MAP-Tk is a component of KWIVER) and post questions there.  This will allow more than just myself to respond, it will also archive the responses so that others who have similar questions can benefit.  The mailing list sign-up page is here:

It is linked from both www.kwiver.org <http://www.kwiver.org/> and the README.md in MAP-Tk.

In response to your message:  First, your dependency versions look okay, though we haven’t tested that exact combination.  You may want to enable tests in CMake and then run “ctest” in your build tree to verify that the tests pass.  There are some known issues with the last official release of VXL (1.17), but the master branch should work.  You said VXL 1.18, I’m not sure that that exists.

The correct way to call maptk_track_features (or any MAP-Tk tool) is with the “-c” to specify the config file.  In your last example without the “-c" the config check failures are because the tool is not reading the config file and just using the default config values.

In the case where you are correctly using “-c”, the exception you are getting indicates “Path does not exist”.  This is most likely related to loading image files.  Your config file should have “image_list_file” set to a path to a text file in which each line in the file is a path to one image to load (i.e. each frame of video).  What is the contents of your image list file?  Is it empty or does it have a blank line?

—Matt