[Kiwiviewer] Windows 7 Platform - Build VES error

Sebastien HO sho at traceparts.com
Thu Feb 20 03:05:42 EST 2014

Hi,

I am struggling to compile VES on my PC.

Here is what I want to do : I would like to use the Android project on
Eclipse to do this I follow the tutorial  :
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Developers_Guide_(Windows)

I have cloned the GIT repository  but when I want to run configure.bat, the
file is not part of the Master branch anymore. I have then run “cmake –P
configure.cmake” which works and creates the build folder.  The structure
totally differs from the Developers Guide, so I have tested to build the
project through my VS studio. To do so I double click on
“VES_SUPERBUILD.sln”.

Open Studio opens the projects and I build the solution. I get the following
error during the build process.

Error      4             error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CUSTOMBUILD
ves-android

Error      5             error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CUSTOMBUILD
ves-android

Error      2             error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CUSTOMBUILD
vtk-android

Error      3             error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CUSTOMBUILD
vtk-android

Error      1             error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 9009.
C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets     151
6             vtk-host

Has someone experienced these issues? Can someone helps me?

Here is the detailed of the build output :

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

1>  Checking Build System

1>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp
is up-to-date.

2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: vtk-host, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: eigen, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

2>  Building Custom Rule C:/Dev/Projects/VES/CMakeLists.txt

2>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp
is up-to-date.

2>  Creating directories for 'vtk-host'

2>  Performing download step (download, verify and extract) for 'vtk-host'

2>  -- downloading...

2>       src='http://www.vtk.org/files/release/6.0/vtk-6.0.0.tar.gz'

2>
dst='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/downloads/vtk-6.0.0.t
ar.gz'

2>       timeout='none'

3>  Building Custom Rule C:/Dev/Projects/VES/CMakeLists.txt

3>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp
is up-to-date.

3>  Creating directories for 'eigen'

2>  -- downloading... done

2>  -- verifying file...

2>
file='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/downloads/vtk-6...0.0
..tar.gz'

3>  Performing download step (download, verify and extract) for 'eigen'

3>  -- downloading...

3>       src='http://vtk.org/files/support/eigen-3.1.2.tar.gz'

3>
dst='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/downloads/eigen-3.1.2
..tar.gz'

3>       timeout='none'

3>  -- downloading... done

3>  -- verifying file...

3>
file='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/downloads/eigen-3.1.
2.tar.gz'

3>  -- verifying file... done

2>  -- verifying file... done

3>  -- extracting...

3>
src='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/downloads/eigen-3.1.2
..tar.gz'

3>
dst='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Source
/eigen'

3>  -- extracting... [tar xfz]

2>  -- extracting...

2>
src='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/downloads/vtk-6.0.0.t
ar.gz'

2>
dst='C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Source
/vtk'

2>  -- extracting... [tar xfz]

3>  -- extracting... [analysis]

3>  -- extracting... [rename]

3>  -- extracting... [clean up]

3>  -- extracting... done

3>  No update step for 'eigen'

3>  No patch step for 'eigen'

3>  No configure step for 'eigen'

3>  No build step for 'eigen'

3>  Performing install step for 'eigen'

3>  Completed 'eigen'

2>  -- extracting... [analysis]

2>  -- extracting... [rename]

2>  -- extracting... [clean up]

2>  -- extracting... done

2>  No update step for 'vtk-host'

2>  Performing patch step for 'vtk-host'

2>  Performing configure step for 'vtk-host'

2>  -- Group StandAlone modules:
vtkChartsCore;vtkCommonComputationalGeometry;vtkCommonCore;vtkCommonExecutio
nModel;vtkCommonMisc;vtkCommonSystem;vtkCommonTransforms;vtkDomainsChemistry
;vtkFiltersAMR;vtkFiltersCore;vtkFiltersExtraction;vtkFiltersFlowPaths;vtkFi
ltersGeneral;vtkFiltersGeneric;vtkFiltersGeometry;vtkFiltersHybrid;vtkFilter
sHyperTree;vtkFiltersImaging;vtkFiltersModeling;vtkFiltersParallel;vtkFilter
sParallelImaging;vtkFiltersProgrammable;vtkFiltersSelection;vtkFiltersSource
s;vtkFiltersStatistics;vtkFiltersTexture;vtkFiltersVerdict;vtkImagingColor;v
tkImagingCore;vtkImagingFourier;vtkImagingGeneral;vtkImagingHybrid;vtkImagin
gMath;vtkImagingMorphological;vtkImagingSources;vtkImagingStatistics;vtkImag
ingStencil;vtkInfovisCore;vtkInfovisLayout;vtkIOAMR;vtkIOCore;vtkIOEnSight;v
tkIOExodus;vtkIOExport;vtkIOGeometry;vtkIOImage;vtkIOImport;vtkIOInfovis;vtk
IOLegacy;vtkIOLSDyna;vtkIOMINC;vtkIOMovie;vtkIONetCDF;vtkIOParallel;vtkIOPLY
;vtkIOSQL;vtkIOVideo;vtkIOXML;vtkIOXMLParser;vtkParallelCore

2>  -- Group Imaging modules:
vtkFiltersImaging;vtkImagingColor;vtkImagingFourier;vtkImagingGeneral;vtkIma
gingHybrid;vtkImagingMath;vtkImagingMorphological;vtkImagingSources;vtkImagi
ngStatistics;vtkImagingStencil;vtkInteractionImage;vtkRenderingImage

2>  -- Group MPI modules:
vtkFiltersParallelGeometry;vtkFiltersParallelMPI;vtkIOMPIImage;vtkIOMPIParal
lel;vtkIOParallelNetCDF;vtkParallelMPI

2>  -- Group Rendering modules:
vtkGeovisCore;vtkInteractionImage;vtkInteractionStyle;vtkInteractionWidgets;
vtkRenderingAnnotation;vtkRenderingContext2D;vtkRenderingCore;vtkRenderingFr
eeType;vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL;vtkRenderingHybridOpenGL;vtkRenderingImage
;vtkRenderingLabel;vtkRenderingLOD;vtkRenderingOpenGL;vtkRenderingVolume;vtk
RenderingVolumeAMR;vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL;vtkViewsContext2D;vtkViewsCore;v
tkViewsGeovis;vtkViewsInfovis

2>  -- Group Qt modules:
vtkGUISupportQt;vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL;vtkGUISupportQtSQL;vtkGUISupportQtWebk
it;vtkRenderingQt;vtkViewsQt

2>  -- Group Tk modules: vtkRenderingTk

2>  -- Group Views modules: vtkViewsContext2D;vtkViewsGeovis

2>  -- Enabled 43 modules:

2>  --  * vtkCommonComputationalGeometry, needed by 2 modules:

2>          vtkFiltersGeneral

2>          vtkFiltersSources

2>  --  * vtkCommonCore, needed by 4 modules:

2>          vtkCommonMath

2>          vtkCommonSystem

2>          vtkCommonTransforms

2>          vtkParallelCore

2>  --  * vtkCommonDataModel, needed by 9 modules:

2>          vtkCommonComputationalGeometry

2>          vtkCommonExecutionModel

2>          vtkIOCore

2>          vtkIOGeometry

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkIOInfovis

2>          vtkIOLegacy

2>          vtkIOXMLParser

2>          vtkInfovisCore

2>  --  * vtkCommonExecutionModel, needed by 8 modules:

2>          vtkFiltersCore

2>          vtkFiltersExtraction

2>          vtkFiltersStatistics

2>          vtkIOCore

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkIOPLY

2>          vtkImagingCore

2>          vtkRenderingCore

2>  --  * vtkCommonMath, needed by 8 modules:

2>          vtkCommonComputationalGeometry

2>          vtkCommonDataModel

2>          vtkCommonMisc

2>          vtkCommonTransforms

2>          vtkFiltersCore

2>          vtkFiltersStatistics

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkImagingCore

2>  --  * vtkCommonMisc, needed by 11 modules:

2>          vtkCommonDataModel

2>          vtkCommonExecutionModel

2>          vtkFiltersCore

2>          vtkFiltersStatistics

2>          vtkIOCore

2>          vtkIOGeometry

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkIOInfovis

2>          vtkIOLegacy

2>          vtkIOPLY

2>          vtkIOXMLParser

2>  --  * vtkCommonSystem, needed by 10 modules:

2>          vtkCommonComputationalGeometry

2>          vtkCommonDataModel

2>          vtkFiltersCore

2>          vtkIOGeometry

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkIOInfovis

2>          vtkIOLegacy

2>          vtkIOXMLParser

2>          vtkImagingCore

2>          vtkInfovisCore

2>  --  * vtkCommonTransforms, needed by 6 modules:

2>          vtkCommonDataModel

2>          vtkFiltersCore

2>          vtkFiltersStatistics

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkImagingCore

2>          vtkRenderingCore

2>  --  * vtkDICOMParser, needed by vtkIOImage.

2>  --  * vtkFiltersCore, requested by Module_vtkFiltersCore.

2>  --  * vtkFiltersExtraction, needed by 2 modules:

2>          vtkInfovisCore

2>          vtkRenderingCore

2>  --  * vtkFiltersGeneral, needed by 5 modules:

2>          vtkFiltersExtraction

2>          vtkFiltersModeling

2>          vtkFiltersSources

2>          vtkInfovisCore

2>          vtkRenderingCore

2>  --  * vtkFiltersGeometry, requested by Module_vtkFiltersGeometry.

2>  --  * vtkFiltersModeling, requested by Module_vtkFiltersModeling.

2>  --  * vtkFiltersSources, requested by Module_vtkFiltersSources.

2>  --  * vtkFiltersStatistics, needed by vtkFiltersExtraction.

2>  --  * vtkIOCore, needed by 5 modules:

2>          vtkIOGeometry

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtkIOInfovis

2>          vtkIOLegacy

2>          vtkIOXMLParser

2>  --  * vtkIOGeometry, requested by Module_vtkIOGeometry.

2>  --  * vtkIOImage, requested by Module_vtkIOImage.

2>  --  * vtkIOInfovis, requested by Module_vtkIOInfovis.

2>  --  * vtkIOLegacy, requested by Module_vtkIOLegacy.

2>  --  * vtkIOPLY, requested by Module_vtkIOPLY.

2>  --  * vtkIOXML, requested by Module_vtkIOXML.

2>  --  * vtkIOXMLParser, needed by 2 modules:

2>          vtkIOXML

2>          vtkRenderingCore

2>  --  * vtkImagingCore, requested by Module_vtkImagingCore.

2>  --  * vtkImagingFourier, needed by vtkFiltersStatistics.

2>  --  * vtkInfovisCore, needed by vtkIOInfovis.

2>  --  * vtkMetaIO, needed by vtkIOImage.

2>  --  * vtkParallelCore, requested by Module_vtkParallelCore.

2>  --  * vtkRenderingCore, requested by Module_vtkRenderingCore.

2>  --  * vtkRenderingFreeType, requested by Module_vtkRenderingFreeType.

2>  --  * vtkUtilitiesHashSource, needed by vtkParallelCore.

2>  --  * vtkUtilitiesMaterialLibrary, needed by vtkRenderingCore.

2>  --  * vtkalglib, needed by vtkFiltersStatistics.

2>  --  * vtkexpat, needed by vtkIOXMLParser.

2>  --  * vtkfreetype, needed by vtkRenderingFreeType.

2>  --  * vtkjpeg, needed by 2 modules:

2>          vtkIOImage

2>          vtktiff

2>  --  * vtkjsoncpp, needed by vtkIOGeometry.

2>  --  * vtklibxml2, needed by vtkIOInfovis.

2>  --  * vtkpng, needed by vtkIOImage.

2>  --  * vtksys, needed by 6 modules:

2>          vtkCommonCore

2>          vtkCommonSystem

2>          vtkDICOMParser

2>          vtkIOCore

2>          vtkUtilitiesHashSource

2>          vtkUtilitiesMaterialLibrary

2>  --  * vtktiff, needed by vtkIOImage.

2>  --  * vtkzlib, needed by 7 modules:

2>          vtkIOCore

2>          vtkIOGeometry

2>          vtkMetaIO

2>          vtkfreetype

2>          vtklibxml2

2>          vtkpng

2>          vtktiff

2>  CMake Warning (dev) in Common/Core/CMakeLists.txt:

2>    Policy CMP0022 is not set: INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES defines the link

2>    interface.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0022" for policy details.  Use
the

2>    cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

2>

2>    Target "vtkCommonCore" has an INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property which

2>    differs from its LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES properties.

2>

2>    INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES:

2>

2>      vtksys

2>

2>    LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES:

2>

2>

2>

2>  This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

2>

2>  -- Configuring done

2>  -- Generating done

2>  -- Build files have been written to:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-h
ost

2>  Performing build step for 'vtk-host'

2>  'make' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne

2>  ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

2>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error
MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 9009.

4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: vtk-android, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

4>  Building Custom Rule C:/Dev/Projects/VES/CMakeLists.txt

4>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp
is up-to-date.

4>  Creating directories for 'vtk-android'

4>  No download step for 'vtk-android'

4>  No update step for 'vtk-android'

4>  No patch step for 'vtk-android'

4>  Performing configure step for 'vtk-android'

C:/Dev/Projects/VES/CMake/toolchains/TryRunResults.cmake

4>  CMake Error at
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake:561 (message):

4>    Could not find neither Android NDK nor Android standalone toolchain.

4>

4>        You should either set an environment variable:

4>          export ANDROID_NDK=~/my-android-ndk

4>        or

4>          export ANDROID_STANDALONE_TOOLCHAIN=~/my-android-toolchain

4>        or put the toolchain or NDK in the default path:

4>          sudo ln -s ~/my-android-ndk C:/Program Files (x86)/android-ndk

4>          sudo ln -s ~/my-android-toolchain /opt/android-toolchain

4>  Call Stack (most recent call first):

4>    C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake:93 (include)

4>    CMakeLists.txt:3 (project)

4>

4>

4>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

4>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

4>  -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ves-android, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

5>  Building Custom Rule C:/Dev/Projects/VES/CMakeLists.txt

5>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:\Dev\Projects\VES\Apps\Android\CMakeBuild\build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp
is up-to-date.

5>  Creating directories for 'ves-android'

5>  No download step for 'ves-android'

5>  No update step for 'ves-android'

5>  No patch step for 'ves-android'

5>  Performing configure step for 'ves-android'

5>  CMake Error at CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake:561 (message):

5>    Could not find neither Android NDK nor Android standalone toolchain.

5>

5>        You should either set an environment variable:

5>          export ANDROID_NDK=~/my-android-ndk

5>        or

5>          export ANDROID_STANDALONE_TOOLCHAIN=~/my-android-toolchain

5>        or put the toolchain or NDK in the default path:

5>          sudo ln -s ~/my-android-ndk C:/Program Files (x86)/android-ndk

5>          sudo ln -s ~/my-android-toolchain /opt/android-toolchain

5>  Call Stack (most recent call first):

5>    C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake:93 (include)

5>    CMakeLists.txt:8 (project)

5>

5>

5>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

5>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Dev/Projects/VES/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-a
ndroid/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

5>  -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

6>------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

6>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration

========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 3 failed, 1 skipped ==========

Thanks for your helps,

Sébastien

---