[Kiwiviewer] Kiwiviewer app on Linux, building and initialisation

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Dec 26 09:35:13 EST 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Prabindh Sundareson via Kiwiviewer <
kiwiviewer at public.kitware.com> wrote:

> Hello Aashish/ Kitware team,
>
> I have 2 queries on Kiwiviewer and VES.
>
> - For building Kiwiviewer on native Linux (not for Android on Linux), is
> there a separate development branch that is available, or is this
> completely unsupported as of now ? All the blogs seem to discuss only about
> building for Android on Linux.

You should be able to able build it on Linux without any issues.  Please
look at the options in CCMAKE. Make sure you turn off android / and  or ios
option.

> - To initialise the camera before sending a polydata representation and
> rendering it using VES (ie, the viewerApp class) , are the 2 APIs -
> resetScene() and resetView() sufficient ? Or do we have to setup individual
> camera parameters ?

resetScene() will expect data to be there. What exactly you are trying to
achive?

Thanks,

> Thanks, regards
> Prabindh

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*