[Kiwiviewer] transient and clip datasets

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Sun Mar 4 23:41:23 EST 2012

Hi Dominik,

If you look on your Android's sdcard, under
/mnt/sdcard/data/Android/com.kitware.KiwiViewer you'll find all of
KiwiViewer's files.  You should see model_info.txt, this is for the brain
atlas demo.  This file lists the models that make up the brain atlas.  Each
line contains a filename, label, and color.  The models with the names skin
and skull automatically get the clip widget applied to them.  You could
modify this file to trick KiwiViewer into loading your own models in place
of the brain atlas.  The size and default position of the clip plane is
hard coded in the app.

For the can animation, KiwiViewer loads files with the names can0000.vtp
thru can0043.vtp.  The color map is hard coded.  You could replace these
files with your own files, but KiwiViewer won't look for any more than 43
timesteps, and if you remove some of them, I think KiwiViewer will replace
the ones you remove.

Both of these demos are fairly easy to customize if you're interested in
modifying the source code and making your own build.  If you'd like to
suggest some features that would make KiwiViewer better fit your use cases,
please don't hesitate to let us know!  A nice place to put these is
http://ves.uservoice.com

Pat