[Kiwiviewer] display a multidomain surface model

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Mar 2 09:18:20 EST 2012

Hi Dominik,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Dominik Szczerba <dominik at itis.ethz.ch>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started playing with kiwiviewer. Looks very promising. I need to
> show polygonal surface meshes in different colors and with different
> transparency values for different surface model parts. Such meshes
> simply come from simplified CAD models that I need to show to
> customers. I have achieved all I want using the *.kiwi scene
> description, it works fine, a serious problem however is, that this
> way I need to send several files around and not one. By clicking the
> *.kiwi file (from Dropbox or as an email attachment) there is an
> obvious error about missing parts. I know how to combine my separate
> surface meshes into one vtp file, but I do not know how to control the
> color and transparency - and I need full control here. Is there any
> way to achieve this with Kiwiviewer?

I will let Pat answer in detail but did you read about .kiwi here
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/KiwiViewer_Scene_File? If you have put together
different meshes like this, it should have worked.

Also do you see more than one part or it is always one? What about the mesh
size ( number of points ? )

Thanks