[ITK-users] FW: External modules

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Mon Aug 14 09:07:13 EDT 2017

Hello Darren,

Are you trying to create a new external module? In this case there is
nothing that needs to be changed in your configuration inside ITK. You can
create a new folder for an independent project outside of your ITK source
tree and create your new external (remote) module in this new folder. Good
reference to see how things are done are this example [1] and the ITK
Software Guide [2] (Chapter 9). You can then configure and compile your
remote module (you will need to specify ITK_DIR (ITK build directory or
directory containing ITKConfig.cmake) as a separate project.

Hope this helps,
François

[1] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKModuleTemplate
[2] https://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf