[ITK-users] itk::RayCastInterpolateImageFunction for ITK Python Wrap

Michka Popoff michkapopoff at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:41:46 EDT 2016

I can notify you once it is merged to the master branch of ITK.
This should be fast (as soon as it gets reviewed).

Wrapping new functions/classes is made by adding a .wrap file
in the corresponding “wrapping" folder of the module.
I often just copy-paste a similar .wrap file an adapt it. There are sometimes
some surprise, and the .wrap file needs to be tweaked.

Not sure if we have a guide on how to do it.
Some cases like this one are really easy to implement, some others are more involved.

Once the patch is merged, you will need to build ITK from source.
This is pretty easy: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Configuring_and_Building
We can assist you if there are problems.

Writing your own filter in Python is doable; but I never tried such thing.
It would be a nice proof-of-concept to get something like this to run.
But this is probably more work than it is worth.

If you can wait a few days until the patch is merged, and are willing
to build ITK from source, the python solution is probably the easiest.

Michka