[ITK-users] Hello World ITK Python

michkapopoff at gmail.com michkapopoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:09:08 EDT 2015

The problem is probably happening during the linking step.
We link all the submodules in bigger modules (_ITKModulename.so).

That worked nicely in python 2 but I was not able to understand why it
is no more working with python 3. There are some discussions if you
google for it describing problems with the underscore before the
module name when going from python 2 to 3, but the hints in there
did not help in our case.

I tried to follow how the modules are loaded. A good tool for this is
to check sys.modules or the sys.path. Hope that can help.

Michka