[ITK-users] Problem with ITK Python Wrapper

Siavash Khallaghi siavashk at ece.ubc.ca
Mon Jul 20 18:17:15 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build ITK with the Python wrapper for a prototyping project.
I am using Python 3.4, MSVC 12 2013, CMake 3.2.1 and ITK 4.7.1-282-h37d00ff.
When I try to build ITK with Python wrapping enabled, I get a lot of
linking errors (534 errors so far). The linking errors have a similar
pattern. Here is the first one:

219>------ Build started: Project: ITKPyBasePython, Configuration: Release
x64 ------
219>     Creating library
C:/Users/siavash/devel/ITK-Python/lib/Release/ITKPyBasePython.lib and object
C:/Users/siavash/devel/ITK-Python/lib/Release/ITKPyBasePython.exp
219>ITKPyBasePython.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
init_pyBasePython referenced in function PyInit__ITKPyBasePython
219>C:\Users\siavash\devel\ITK-Python\lib\Release\_ITKPyBasePython.pyd :
fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I have attached the cmake cache in case it helps.

I am going to try upgrading to the new  ITK-4.8 release
<http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/ITK-users-ANNOUNCE-ITK-4-8-0-has-been-released-td35876.html>
, since there seems to be a lot of changes to the Python wrapper. Maybe this
will solve the issue. If not, could anyone tell me if ITK supports Python
3.x?

Siavash

CMakeCache.txt <http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/file/n35923/CMakeCache.txt>