[ITK-users] Starting with GPU development

Irina Vidal Migallon irina.vidal-migallon at inria.fr
Thu Jul 31 04:29:54 EDT 2014

Hi Oscar,

> Let's say I want to put the output on a reader into a GPUImage.
>
> I can't just say MyGPUImageType::Pointer image = reader->getOutput()
> because the output of a reader is NOT a GPU image.

If you've defined your reader as a GPUImage reader, as in:

typedef itk::ImageFileReader< itk::GPUImage<MyType, 2> > GPUReaderType;

you can do just that, as you would with any other type of image.

> Any info (or any pointer to any good info) is REALLY welcome :)

I found examples and tests in Modules/Filtering/GPU* and/or
Modules/Core/GPUCommon rather helpful, they will probably get you started.

I.