[ITK-users] [ITK] Compose Displacement Field Order using Syn regsitration

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Apr 30 00:55:40 EDT 2014

Hi Emma,

Yes, inverse affine lm_separate followed by the forward displacement
fields should be the order to compose the new transform.

A CompositeTransform is probably best for this job.

As we can see from the ComposeDisplacementFieldsImageFilter source
[1], the Warping displacement field follows the input
DisplacementField in the output.

Note that a more general solution for creating a summary displacement
field is the TransformToDisplacementFieldFilter [2], which could use
CompositeTransform's that have AffineTransform's.

Hope this helps,
Matt

[1] http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=Modules/Filtering/DisplacementField/include/itkComposeDisplacementFieldsImageFilter.hxx;h=e06b71729e53a057a7504c5dc4d6d388355958b2;hb=HEAD#l118

[2] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TransformToDisplacementFieldFilter.html