[Insight-users] [ANNOUNCE] ITK 4.4.0 has been released!

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 17:06:17 EDT 2013

Hello,

if it is the same file as the one from the bigbrain project, it has
dimensions of 1970x2330x1890 , stored as unsigned short (2bytes per
voxel), and required approximately 32Gb of ram to load it in memory -
MINCImageIO will load the whole volume into memory  as array of floats.

Also, the volume is stored in YZX order , with Y fastest varying,
because ITK only allows using XYZ order the MINCImageIO transposes the
volume as part of loading it into memory.

I have tried to load the whole volume into memory on a 64bit machine
with 128Gb of ram using ITK-4.4 version and the test worked properly,
although took a bit of time.

Maybe the error appears when the machine does not have RAM?

--
Best regards,

  Vladimir S. FONOV ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com