[Insight-users] itk AnisotropicDiffusion VesselEnhancement ImageFilter crashes

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 16:55:08 EST 2013

All,
    I'm trying to run itkAnisotropicDiffusionVesselEnhancementImageFilter
that was submitted to Insight Journal at
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/163

    Since I'm using ITK 4.4, I used Dr. Ramon Casero's modifications. The
application crashes with an 'access violation reading location' error
message. Here's the exact location of the crash:

Filename where it crashes:
itkAnisotropicDiffusionVesselEnhancementImageFilter.txx
Function in that file: CalculateChange()
Line in that function:  this->GetMultiThreader()->SingleMethodExecute();

I checked Casero's modified version against the original code and the only
changes he made were to make the code compatible with ITK 4.x. So, the
crash should have nothing to do with the modification Casero made.

What 'am I missing here? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Prashanth