[Insight-users] I meet some problem when using FastMarchingImageFilter , please help me !

zhq 15891495523 at 126.com
Fri Dec 13 09:12:09 EST 2013

Dear Luis
Thanks for your detail answer , I will check my code again !
Thank you very much!
zhq

At 2013-12-13 21:57:26,"Luis Ibanez" <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

Hi Zhq,

When running the FastMarching example, it is critical to do the following:

1) Place the seed points in the locations of the anatomy,
     that you want to segment.

     Did you adjusted the location of the seed points to your image ?

2)  Adjust the values of Alpha and Beta in the Sigmoid filter to the range
     of intensities of the image produced by the Gradient magnitude filter.

     Have you adjusted these values ?

     It is useful to save the output image of the GradientMagnitude filter
     and inspect it directly with an image viewer.

      Instructions on this are available in the software guide.

3)  Once you have inspected the gradient magnitude output,
      proceed to adjust the Alpha and Beta in the sigmoid until you
      get almost a black and white image as output.

      For this, it also helps to save the image in a file and to inspect
      it with an image viewer.

4) Finally, the "stoppingTime" parameter in the fastMarching filter
     is also a critical parameter to define when the filter stops propagating
     the front.

Please review these check points above, and if you continue having
difficulties, please post your input image in a public web site, so that
we could inspect it and give it a try.