[Insight-users] ImageFileReaderException

xianjun.sun.ext_CRC xianjun.sun.ext at united-imaging.com
Fri Oct 26 00:18:08 EDT 2012

Hello all,

    I tried to read a .nii file, but when debug reader->Update(), an exception happened. Could anyone help me ?

    try
    {
     fixedImageReader->Update();
    }
  catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excp )
    {
    std::cerr << "Exception thrown while reading the image" << std::endl;
    std::cerr << excp << std::endl;
    }

    Exception thrown while reading the image

itk::ImageFileReaderException (0044F158) Location:
"void __thiscall itk::ImageFileReader<class itk::Image<short,3>,class
itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<short> >::GenerateOutputInformation(void)"
File: c:\program files (x86)\itk\include\itk-4.2\itkimagefilereader.hxx
Line: 143
  Tried to create one of the following:
  You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
    set the suffix to an unsupported type.

   Actually, I used itk\Examples\IO\ImageReadWrite.cxx to read the same .nii file,  it could be read out rightly.

I am using:
 - VS 2010
 - Windows 7 64 bit.
and the platform I build my C++ projects is Win32.