[Insight-users] Minimal distance between a point and a mesh

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:43:40 EST 2012

Hi Ning,

You can achieve this in ITK using the QuadEdgeMesh. See figure 7 here:
    http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/122
and here:
    http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1QuadEdgeMeshConstFrontIterator.html
    https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Core/QuadEdgeMesh/include/itkQuadEdgeMeshFrontIterator.h

There is a test which you can use to get you going:
    https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Core/QuadEdgeMesh/test/itkQuadEdgeMeshFrontIteratorTest.cxx

Also, from my understanding, as part of ITKv4 the Fast Marching
algorithm was modified to work with QuadEdgeMeshes, which may help
you:
    https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Filtering/FastMarching/include/itkFastMarchingQuadEdgeMeshFilterBase.h

HTH

Cheers, Dan