[Insight-users] build fails to download gccxml (4.2.1)

David Froger david.froger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:30:02 EST 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:47:32 +0100, David Froger <david.froger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Brad, hi Matt,
>
> > Brad is right -- in master, we have replaced the GCCXML cvs fetch with
> > a simple tarball download.  Please try Git master.
>
> Thanks for your replies! I'm going to try from the Git master.
>
> Thanks again,
> David

I get this error:

    CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:160 (message):
      unknown ExternalProject_Add keyword: STEP_TARGETS
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:907 (_ep_parse_arguments)
      Wrapping/Generators/GccXML/CMakeLists.txt:26 (ExternalProject_add)
    This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:694 (message):
      Could not extract tarball filename from url:

        http://itk.org/files/gccxml/gccxml-2012-08-08.tar.bz2;URL_MD5;199924259f913a914f7084213b71d6da
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:941 (_ep_add_download_command)
      Wrapping/Generators/GccXML/CMakeLists.txt:26 (ExternalProject_add)

However, http://itk.org/files/gccxml/gccxml-2012-08-08.tar.bz2 is valid.

I would like to make a stable install of ITK (with Python wrapping) for the team I work with.

What would you recommand? As the Wiki say, the master branch may contain the "cutting edge bugs" :).

Should I install http://itk.org/files/gccxml/gccxml-2012-08-08.tar.bz2 on my system, and
then use ITK 4.2.1, with -DITK_USE_SYSTEM_GCCXML=ON and -DGCCXML=/path/to/the/installed/xml ?

Or should I use the release branch?

Thanks for your help.

David