[Insight-users] SimpleITK cannot build

Lisa Dean lisadean.leo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 13:59:07 EDT 2012

Hi ITK users out there,

I love ITK's functionality and I'd also like to use GUIs in this specific
project that I'm working on. I checked around on the ITK related sites and
all I could come up with was that if I want to link ITK with C# I better
try out Simple ITK so here I am. I'm assuming Simple ITK provides C#
wrapping for ITK filters possibly not all of them but that is the essence.
Is there something else I can use or is SimpleITK it?

Also while trying to build the binaries for SimpleITK I blundered across
the following errors. Usually I manage to get around these but for some
reason (I guess my brain has been refusing to work) I've been stuck with
these errors for 2 days. They are probably just 2 minutes work for somebody
out there so could you help me out please? I'm pasting the error report -

Found the following C# .NET versions: v4.0.30319, v3.5, v2.0.50727

Processing json files...

Processing json files...done

Found the following C# .NET versions: v4.0.30319, v3.5, v2.0.50727

Using .NET compiler version v2.0.50727

CMake Error at CMake/UseCSharp.cmake:88 (list):

list sub-command SORT only takes one argument.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMake/UseCSharp.cmake:42 (CSHARP_ADD_PROJECT)

Wrapping/CMakeLists.txt:286 (csharp_add_library)

 CMake Error at Wrapping/CMakeLists.txt:290 (add_dependencies):

add_dependencies Adding dependency to non-existent target:

SimpleITKCSharpManaged

 CMake Error at CMake/UseCSharp.cmake:88 (list):

list sub-command SORT only takes one argument.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMake/UseCSharp.cmake:46 (CSHARP_ADD_PROJECT)

Testing/Unit/CMakeLists.txt:338 (csharp_add_executable)

Testing/Unit/CMakeLists.txt:372 (add_csharp_test)

 Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Another tiny little problem that I'd like to have out of the way too. I've
been using ITK for some time now. But, only very recently did I decide to
port to ITKv4. My question is - Is OpenCl a necessity for itkv4?

Thanks a lot people for all your help so far

Cheers
Lisa :)