[Insight-users] strage problem in compiling 64bit itk in order to get deformation field

Wenwu cool.wenwu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:07:12 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I encounter a strange problem. My computer is 64bit CPU, and found the
visual studio 2008 expression does not contain the 64 bit compiler, so i
use the SDK v6.1 to compile the 64bit itk.

I firstly open this sdk console, and run the cmake 2.8.6, in its
confuguration UI, I choose to output the makefile of itk.  Finally, i build
all itk examples sucessfully  by using "nmake" command.

However, when i run the deformableRegistration15 example (the fixed image
and moving images are 50 MB around) and try to output the deformation
field, there is a memory allocation problem in the computation of
deformation field. The program terminates.

I found the size of elements it trys to allocate is 28537730, it is not
large. I also remove the code of applying the transformation parameters on
the moving image to obtain the registration result (namely, use the
resampling function).

Then, the progam is still in crash.  its very strage.

I think the program is not running in 64 bits.

Can anyone tell me why?

thank you in advance!

best regards,

--