[Insight-users] [Announcement] ITK 4.2.0 has been released!

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 11 16:20:28 EDT 2012

We are pleased to announce the release of the InsightToolkit 4.2.0!
Download links can be found at:

http://itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html

This release is the second since ITK 4.0 and includes a number of bug
fixes and new features.

Notable changes:

- an abundance of  bug fixes and compiler issues were addressed
- Addition of GPU modules for Finite Difference, Smoothing, Thresholding, and Registration
- Physics-Based Non-Ridged Registration
- Addition of Patch-Based denosing
- Infrastructure for Remote Modules
- Numerous Registration V4 enhancements
- And Much More!

We have also improved compiler support. Specifically, we have been compiling with the latest gcc 4.7.0. And now Visual Studio 10 works without any workarounds.

A complete list of changes since the prior release can be found here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Release_4.2_Changed_From_Previous

New  contributors with merged patches include:

- Dave Chen
- Marc Bruce
- Michael Jeulin-L
- Ren-Hui Gong
- T.R Shashwath

Thanks to our gerrit code review system its easy to contribute bug fixes and patches.

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine
blowekamp at mail.nih.gov