[Insight-users] Problems building python bindings for itk

Willi surfersparadise85-itk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 16:08:47 EDT 2012

Hello all,

since a couple of days I am trying to build ITK v4.1 as downloaded from the webpage.
The main ITK building is working without any problems but if I want to add wrapping support nothing is working.

I am using a Windows 7 x64 with Visual Studio 10 and want to add wrapping support for my installed Python version 3.2

I downloaded GCCXML on my own using cvs (since it didnt work with GCCXML downloaded and used within the ITK building process) then made the CMake stuff and also built the target vcInstallPatch which I assumed will get me rid of the "VC10 not supported"-error that I received when using ITK and I receive the error:

CUSTOMBUILD : error : Could not run C:/GCCXML/bin/bin/Release/gccxml_cc1plus.exe:

Der Dateiname oder die Erweiterung ist zu lang

"Der Dateiname oder die Erweiterung ist zu lang" == "Filename or extension is too long"

Can you please help me. I am freakin out since I am trying to compile it for three days now.

Cheers,
Willi